Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Tomato Crop


The garden started out as a contest between the one who planted in pots on the deck and the one who planted in the ground. Here you see the fruit of our labors. This tiny golden tomato came from the deck garden. That was a week ago. The next three came from the ground garden. Pretty expensive tomatoes, but delicious.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I've decided that vegetable gardening isn't really economical either. But I really do like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you said it was a tomato. I would have guessed a light bulb or maybe a tiny squash. Our garden has produced almost as abundantly.
    --G

    ReplyDelete
  3. It made me think of this recent post from Orson Scott Card:

    "I have better, healthier plants growing in the cracks between bricks on my patio here in Greensboro [NC] than I had growing in my yard in Utah."

    But, yeah, our garden's doing about as well: Strawberries get almost pink before they're picked, critters ate almost everything else.

    ReplyDelete